Tuesday 7 January 2014

Ignorance is bliss!


One thing which I have learned till now is that Ignorance is definitely a bliss.
You keep on ignoring the things that bother you and hope for them to stop on its own. But there comes a time when a voice in your head screams until you stand up for what is right. I have had that voice screaming in my head for a very long time now, but I was in a constant phase of ignorance and learnt to live with it.

No matter how prominent that voice got, I tried to curb its existence by involving myself in something which would ease me. Singing my favourite tune, creating some art or just talking to my best friend.

But the question is, for how long?

For how long can we stop that voice or can we ask it to shut up!

Well, for me, it wasn’t too long when I lost it and suddenly that voice which almost made me hit my head through the wall came alive and I just could not keep it together.

Most of us think that keeping something inside, which you think is not right is the hardest thing and the gravest feeling you can have. But for me the worst feeling came when I spoke up and stood up for what was  right in my head.

A feeling of relief which I had not felt in a long time was felt. But to my surprise it wasn’t for too long.
This made me wonder, why don’t I feel great anymore? Why don’t I feel like I did the right thing? I tried hard, to think of good things so that I could feel great again.

After a while of brainstorming and self analysis I asked myself that on what basis do we decide what is wrong or right? On what basis do we judge someone? And on what basis do we decide to expose a person’s doing to the world and expecting them to stand against it too.

After thinking a lot about these things, I still could not find any answers to it. All is can say is that we are in no position to judge anyone. Maybe in our eyes he has sinned. But for others he might be a saint. Who are we to question any one's integrity?

I don’t know if I am wrong or I am right. I'm not sure if I chose to do the right things. All I know is that maybe ignorance would have been a bliss, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment