Wednesday 29 May 2013

The girl in yellow Kurta...


Not every time I sit in the metro and care about anybody around me. But today was no other day, because today I saw a girl with a yellow umbrella. At first she looked kinda weird, I wondered, why she had an umbrella in her hand? I mean this is Delhi and that too the month of April but I guess while coming to the metro I myself thought it would rain, the weather was acting crazy.
I wondered where she was coming from because I could sense that she had cried. Was she so over cautious about the umbrella because she picked up an umbrella from home? Or did she borrow it from a friend? But then again, she had carelessly wrapped it around her hand turning and crushing its edges, so I figured,  it must be hers because you have to be extra cautious with other people's stuff and especially if you are a girl, you cannot screw up your girlfriends stuff because you might not see them ever again.
Suddenly her phone started ringing and I got a little curious because deep down inside I wanted to hear what was going inside the wired shaped head of hers... She cleared her throat and said "Hello" .. And damn her voice was squeaky, she started talking to this guy on the phone and literally started shouting and suddenly everyone else other than me noticed her.... I had no clue what that guy on the phone was saying, but I'm pretty sure he called her mom and her sister whores because she screamed out in rage "yes yes, we are, and yes we take a lot of money for it". The conversation went on for a looooong long time ... During which some uncomfortable and outrageous information was shared on the phone which was totally uncalled for... Even though I had my full sympathy with her she had a few annoying moments for me too, for instance not caring where others are standing and just stepping on everyone's foot. Finally she hung up and the conversation was over, she looked at the metro map which showed what station we were about to reach, seeing that, she shouted like a monkey because apparently she jumped few stations ahead of the one she wanted to get off. Even though we got the message, she reassured us by shouting on top of her voice.. So finally the next station came and she pushed everyone to get off but in a sudden hurry she left her yellow umbrella inside...
I wonder where will that yellow umbrella go, will it get a new family? Or will it have to spend rest of his life on the streets, but whatever is it in his future I hope he doesn't take along the luck it brought to that girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment